<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Actually Wednesday!

I'm actually updating on a Wednesday--yay!

Finished A's hat this weekend. It's a 3x3 rib and I love the way it fits snugly but with room still to grow. He immediately wanted to wear it on our outing to the library, so I gave him the little lecture about how he can't lose it--and he set it down 4 times while we were there. *sigh* So I decided that he couldn't wear it again until I figured out a way to put in an unobtrusive label.

Enter my new nifty label maker! I bought this with some birthday money and boy is it fun! :) In addition to the normal paper labels, they also make plastic, magnetic, and iron-on labels! I printed out an iron-on label, rounded the edges, and hand-sewed it to the teeny seam inside the hat. I didn't want to actually iron it on because the hat needs to stretch, but I knew that using an iron-on label meant that it would still be washable and durable. I like it and don't think A will be able to feel it at all--the bald Hubby tested and affirmed this as fact.


I have started seaming the elephant and it's as fiddly as I expected. The pattern is mediocre at best. It gives instructions for knitting the pieces, but no schematics of which is the top/bottom of a particular piece, nor which edges attach to which others. It's pretty frustrating. But I remind myself that it's going to a 1-year-old. :)

In other WIP news, I have cast on for E's matching boy hat and have about 2 inches underway. I'd also like to get back to work on my Monkey socks, but am starting to feel the Christmas gift pressure, so will probably move that direction in the next day or two.

Oh, and I have a little light reading to do. Oregon is the only state with all mail-in ballots. And this being a presidential election year, there's an onslaught of measures to wade through. On my ballot, there are THIRTY-FIVE measures (or elected offices) that I have to make choices about. Go democracy!

6 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger M said...

Hey, that's the yarn you bought after the race. The hat came out great! I love that you attached a label of your own making :-).

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Smart little label! The hat is so cheery and bright, but without being at all 'girly'. I love it, and I'm glad that A does, too.

Ugh to the voting! That's a lot to wade through in one election. I think we have maybe a total of 5 things to decide on besides the presidency.

Feeling the Christmas crunch here, too. Where'd this year go?!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that yarn!

At least as soon as your ballot is recieved they quit calling you. Now just to get all the stinkin commercials off the air.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger mle said...

Pretty hat! I want one of those labelers! very cool!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Thanks for the tip about the label thing. I will have to check if my label maker company produces a tape like that.

FYI Washington state became mail in only 2 years ago after the horrid governor re-count issue. The state was fed up and switched everyone to mail. Sad thing is some people who don't vote every year just realized this fact this month and that they might not be eligible to vote because they weren't registered properly.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oregon, California and Colorado have a ridiculous amount of measures to vote on (I just saw a graph in the Wall Street Journal). Luckily, here in Washington we only had 3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home