Monogamy
It's amazing what progress you can make when you're dedicated to a single project at a time. I know, I know--me? Only working on one project? Heh. I definitely have more than one thing on the needles (LOTS of socks), but nothing anywhere near completion, so I thought I should buckle down a bit and get something done.
I am working on Loulou the Elephant from Tracy Chapman's Toys to Knit for E for Christmas. He knows how to make the cutest elephant trumpet sound that just I knew he needed an elephant of his own. :)
I am only lacking the back & front of the body and two legs--that's out of a whopping 17 pieces for this behemoth! But I realized last week that even though there are a lot of individual pieces, if I would just do one a night I could get it done pretty quickly. And, truth be told, I am often getting more than one done a night.
I hope to have this done and in the box of Christmas goodies by next week. And then I'll have some pictures to share, too!












2 Comments:
Cute! And yeah, they do go a lot faster if you make yourself knit them, don't they? I've been bad about starting and then setting things aside lately, and haven't finished anything at all in months! Maybe I need to take your approach.
I'm rediscovering the joys of (knitting) monogamy myself at the moment ... that, and the joy of aran weight yarn. It's amazing how much you can get done when you are using size 8 needles and aran weight yarn.
Post a Comment
<< Home