A Nice Visit

I finished the little crocheted turtle from Amigurumi World in just two days. E has him in his clutches as we speak. A decided the turtle's name should be Shelly. Of course. :)
Last week while The Hubby was in Taiwan (yes, really), the boys and I made a trip to Knot Another Hat in Hood River, OR. The owner, Sarah, and I have kids about the same age (E and M are within a couple of weeks, actually) and we've known each other through blogs and email for a couple of years, now, but have never met in person. I was so glad to finally do that!
Her store is gorgeous (how I wish it were my lys!), relaxed and comfortable with the all-important box of toys for the kiddos. Plus, A loved the gumball machine. *grin* I fell for some cute kids patterns and a few skeins of yarn that eventually followed me home. Sarah and I got a chance to chat and realize how much we have in common (which is such a relief when you're a mom of two kids that make you want to pull your hair out some days)! The visit was a complete joy.

2 skeins of Shi Bui Knits in Marine
1 skein of Cascade Heritage in Eggplant that I've been wanting to try
1 ball of blue & brown Peaches & Creme to add to the washcloth collection

and what's that last picture? Why, it's an antique knitting bag that my mother found while cleaning out my grandmother's home (readying it for sale). What's inside? My next blog entry, of course. :)












5 Comments:
Thank You for the inspiration! Great job on your crochet by the way, you make the fellow crocheters proud!
Shelly was going to take up most of my comment, and then I saw that bag. How pretty it is, and how lucky you are!
I can't wait to see what's in the bag!
I'm so glad to hear you went to visit Sarah. I love that store too!!
How exciting to find an old knitting bag of your grandmother's! I also can't wait to see what treasures are inside. Her whole needle collection? A WIP for someone in the family, complete with pattern so you can finish it for her and finally deliver it? So many great possibilities.
It was a great visit! Thanks for coming down to HR to hang with me for a while... (can you tell how behind I am in my blog reading?)
Post a Comment
<< Home