Another Birthday Boy
So, A turned FIVE on Friday. FIVE. As in "years old". How did that happen?

We celebrated in spaceman-style with a lunar cake and plenty of astronaut decorations.
Taking up the rest of our time this month:
- a fabulous balloon festival that we manage to drag ourselves out of bed for every year. It paid off in 2008, though--we finally got to go up in one! :)

- taekwondo class (and new yellow belt!)

- and the departure of some relatively new, but dear, friends out of whom we tried to squeeze every last ounce of fun before they moved to Scotland.
NOT taking up my time since I last posted: Knitting. *sigh* I will be packing the Wakame Lace tunic off to the beach this weekend, but am not expecting it to be anywhere near finished while we're there. *double sigh*
There is a bit of knitting news, though. I finished editing a slew of fall/winter '08 patterns for Chrissy (definitely check 'em out), got to knit a wee bit at guild last week, and will be helping with a Knit Out & Crochet in August--to include filling a display case with knitting paraphernalia. Fun!:)












5 Comments:
Loved the moon cake! Five years...it seems like yesterday!!! Hope you can get in some prime knitting time at the beach. I plan to take several projects so I can match my knitting mood!
Love, LOVE the cake!!! Hooray for creative moms!
That cake is awesome! Did you make it down to Black Sheep Gathering?
Happy birthday wishes to your boy! Love the cake.
Great cake! I bet A loved it. And yeah, 5... wow! It's so hard to believe.
Is he loving teakwondo? J mentioned the other day that he'd like to take classes. Of course, it was right after walking out of Kung Fu Panda and seeing the cleverly displayed advertisement for a local group. But we might just do it.
Have fun at the beach and get lots of relaxing in! When are y'all leaving?
Post a Comment
<< Home