<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wee Tiny Two!


My Wee Tiny Sock finally came today! I was entertaining fantasies that it had been delayed because it was from somewhere fabulously overseas--and it was! Bethany sent it to me from Japan! (Can I fit anymore exclamation points in here?)

She also sent a cute anime postcard and character keychain. I just know the minute A gets a peek at it he'll abscond with the little purple keychain dude. :) *I'll try to get a picture of him tomorrow 'cause he's just so cool.

Also (and here's really where all those exclamation points belong), the super-soft merino/silk yarn she knit the sock with is her own handspun . . . wait for it. . . SIX-ply! Whoa! I'm duly impressed. Actually, I can't even figure out how that's possible by hand. It's completely gorgeous. I immediately put it on my sock blocker keychain.
Thanks, Bethany--you're awesome and have renewed my faith in the swapping process!

5 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

I'm so glad you like it! It's a three-ply yarn that is then plied on itself, making it a 6-strand cable. Incidentally, I recently practiced this in a Judith Mackenzie McCuin class in February - and she's written about it in this month's Spin-Off. I thought A might end up with the little anime dude :)

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

Seeing so many of these around, and they are all so wonderful!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Chrissy said...

I love those mini socks. Very cute!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Six ply! That is very impressive! Cute sock.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I'm blown away by the idea of a six ply handspun sock yarn. And I love the color, too! You lucked out in a big way. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home