<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Such Corny Socks . . .

I am behind on my posting but it's because there has actually been some knitting going on! And I was waiting for the perfect photo op.

Last year I tried to design a pair of black bat socks using the bat lace panel in Barbara Walker's Third Treasury and it just wasn't turning out. Even with my day-glo white skin, you couldn't really make out the bat. Alas, my first "design" attempt was a bust. But I was also inspired last year to make candy corn socks--and this year I finally made them! Note:I bought three bags of candy corn to use in the photo op and, well, they (deliciously) didn't make it. So I bought some more yesterday, did some Kitchenering today, and here are the socks! *Yarn is Dale Baby Ull.

Also, I have made great progress on the Rainbow Socks (a freakin' brilliant short row pattern--the name is deceptively vague). The pattern repeats go so fast they're addicting! The front has a cool zig zag going on. Not sure why I didn't get a picture of that. Well, sock #1 will be done soon and I will document all angles. :) *Yarn is Silver Streak by Scout.

11 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ohh! I adore those candy corn socks!!! Great job on them! And on the disappearing props... yeah, they wouldn't have lasted here, either.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those socks are adorable -- and think how cute they'd be kid-sized!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

Most excellent candy corns - you are so clever!

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger mle said...

Love those candy corn socks! i've been resisting buying any candy corn but I think I'm going to have to give in...yummy!

Can't wait to see that Rainbow sock and hear your experiences with the pattern! I've heard that the pattern is a bit tricky to read.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I love the candy corn socks! What a clever idea.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Knitted Bookworm said...

Glad to finally get to see the candy corn socks...my, what a clever way to keep others from eating your candy corn...just put your feet in it! Wish I'd thought of it first! Now, you must revisit the bat idea...maybe on a knee sock?

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Candy corn socks! And the rainbow socks are coming along nicely.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such cute candy corn socks! And, I agree, you are so clever!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Joining in the candy corn sock love ... those are too cute!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh those are so cool! Yay for candy corn!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Olga said...

So cute! And aren't those candy corn addictive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home