<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, December 28, 2007

Where to spend it?

For the last few years, my dad has given me a (large) gift certificate to a local-to-my-parents yarn store. This means, 1: I should really use it to buy a sweater's worth of yarn and 2: I have to spend it before we go back to OR. So, what do I shop for this year? Here are some things I'm considering. Any opinions?

Anatolia
Starsky
Tubey
Rogue
Sunrise Circle Jacket
Tangled Yoke Cardigan

I know this isn't anything I'm going to knit right away, but I do need to spend this money in the next few days, and I've never been one to buy without a pattern in mind--except for sock yarn. All bets are off with sock yarn. :)

Plus--do I finally have some news for you! I have been incommunicado for the last month but it's because I've been under a strict code of silence. My father-in-law bought me a spinning wheel for Christmas!!!!! :) But my SIL, Angie, was getting one, too, so I couldn't spill the beans. It was killing me, I assure you.
Anyway, now that I can talk about it you can bet I will! It's an Ashford Traditional. I've kept the color natural for now and she doesn't have a name, yet, but when she tells me what it is I'll let you know. And I'll post pictures once we get back home (in about a week). Yay!

11 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Yay for your spinning wheel! : )

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger mle said...

Oh my! Merry Christmas to you! you're going to have so much fun with you spinning wheel!

Well, I personally don't think you could go wrong with the Tangled Yoke Cardi or Starsky but really, any of them would be nice. It's always so fun to plan your next knit.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Rogue... Rogue... Rogue!!!

Congrats on the spinning wheel!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I can't believe you kept it a secret this long! Holy Cow!! You know, I haven't even had a chance to take mine out of the box yet. *sigh* I'm hoping to do so this weekend. And on the sweater. I'm all over the tangled yoke and Rogue, but they're all so gorgeous! Oh, tough decision!

Hope you're having a good time, and I'm sorry we're missing you this year.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I have had tangled yoke and rogue on my sweater list for awhile. Someday I'll get to them...

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Teri S. said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of spinning. The Ashford Traditional is a good wheel (mine is over 20 years old). It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Let us know what yarn you chose.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would try the Starsky...so pretty and would keep me interested with the different stitches. The Cabled Neck Cardigan would be my second choice....

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either the Rogue or the Tangled Yoke are my vote.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger jessie said...

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue! Fun to knit, well-written pattern, flattering, timeless.

Congrats on the new wheel!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Happy new year! I wonder if it's too late to weigh in, but I vote for either Starsky or Tangled Yoke! My own two cents regarding handknit wool sweaters with hoods (Rogue): I knit the hooded sweater out of the first Yarn Girls book, and the weight of the hood kind of dragged the neckline back. I used Manos, though, so that was a heavy hood.

How fun! New yarn and a spinning wheel! Lucky girl. :-)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger ~Celeste~ said...

YIPPEE!!! You got one! That's so cool!!!! I won't be a the breakfast this Saturday, d~ has a Boy Scout event but drop me a line and I can give you the info on the the next guild meeting, maybe you'd like to come?

P.S. I was the 'knitter' you chatted with at the pizza dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home