Going through withdrawal . . .
I haven't . . .knit in . . .three days . . .
Ugh! I've been getting ready for our holiday cookie swap yesterday (which turned out famously, by the way) and to go visit family for Christmas (today!) and I haven't knit a stitch in three days. The hubby actually asked me if I was getting the DT's, which was pretty funny. At least he understands. :)
Is it bad to be taking an entire suitcase of yarn home for the holidays? It's (almost) all stuff that has to be knit up as gifts in the next (eeeek!) week. Gee, a week. Is that all? Wonder when I'm going to get really panicky about this?
The only thing I'm really worried about not finishing is my mom's Azkaban scarf. I'm only 1/3 of the way there. That's what I'm taking to knit on the plane (I should have at least two hours of naptime from the Boy. *crosses fingers*). My mom is a librarian and is already out of school, so I won't have much time during the day to knit while she's not around. I have even toyed with the idea of trying to knit with my hands in a pillowcase or some such contraption so I can knit around the house without her seeing! Am I going crazy?!?!?
Ah, well. As always, I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Please, please, please let me get all this finished! There are some late nights ahead of us, ladies & gents. . . . stay tuned!
*Oooooohhhhh, I just realized that taking an entire suitcase of "gift" yarn home means that I will have an empty yarn suitcase (to fill!) for the return trip!!!












1 Comments:
Knitting withdrawal is the worst! You get the shakes and start fantasizing about squeezing in a row or two...;-) Best of luck in getting your mom's scarf done- cheering you on... You can do it! Take care! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home