<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dork Alert!

I wrapped up the HiP scarf for my friend today and just had to make a cute band to go around it. I was inspired by Ruth's Hogwarts House Gloves and the FO labels I've seen out there. This is my geekiness at its worst. I don't go as far as to camp out for movie premieres in costume or things like that, but I like little details that lots of folks don't notice or wouldn't even care about (like the fact that my 2-year-old wore a t-shirt with his own personal firehouse emblem on it UNDER his big firefighter coat on Halloween--where no one even saw it, I imagine--but I loved it!). Anyway, I made this:
(if you click, it'll be large enough to read)
Just to be sure, I'm waiting to hear from Alison if it's okay that I use her pictures. Such fun! And my friend is sorta dorky that way, too, so I know it will be appreciated. :)

5 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I absolutely LOVE it! Scourgify spell! Why won't that work in my laundry room?! :)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I have to admit, I had to look up Scourgify spell. I knew there'd be someone out there who had catalogued every little spell from the books--and there was! :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger chris said...

I'm so sorry for the late comment- Bloglines didn't pick up your post!! I don't know why it's been doing that with a lot of the feeds I subscribe to. :-P I LOVE your band!! And you're totally right, love is in the details. Whenever I receive a gift, I always appreciate attention to detail. It makes the gift even more special! Your friend will love it!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Olga said...

That is the cutest detail ever! Good work!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger knittinmom said...

The band is awesome! I have yet to jump on the HP bandwagon, but one of these days, I'm sure (I'm such a follower).

Hey, when are we going to get together for a yarn crawl?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home