<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, November 18, 2005

Let the planning begin!

My KnitPicks color cards finally arrived, so I'm excited to start sketching for the boy's fair isle hat. I was extra surprised to discover that I'd also ordered Ann Budd's Handy book of Patterns (to get over the $30 free shipping bump, of course). Score one for over-exhausted-knitter brain!
The cards are for Palette, Merino Style, Andean Treasure/Sierra, Wool of the Andes, and Andean Silk/A.S.
Twist
.
I didn't get cards for some of their "finer" yarns, like the cashmere blends, because I didn't think I'd be using them anytime soon--but now I'm wishing I had because I think I'm going to make a scarf for my MIL (because I don't already have enough projects). Of course, for that project, I'm willing to "wing" the color choice. Oh, I also ordered a few patterns that I've had my eye on. This shell, the super cute felted backpack, and such a beautiful sweater.
Okay, I'm off to break out the graph paper! :)

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger chris said...

Your eye pillow looks wonderful!! Such luxurious yarn and the lavender will be such a nice touch. What a great gift! And I'm so glad you finally got your Knit Picks color cards. My Knit Picks order finally arrived yesterday, too. :-) I love when you "forget" about the major part of your $30 purchase to qualify for free shipping! It's like getting an unexpected gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home