More Knitting Content!
I finished a pair of Sojourn Mitts for myself today. Yes, I know it's April, but I live in Oregon and we're still lucky if we hit 50 degrees.
I was up reading and knitting the other night and realized how COLD my hands were! I guess because I was curled up on the couch and had my elbows propped up on my knees, my hands weren't getting enough blood flow. Brrrr... I immediately hit the stash and found the yummiest berry-colored Louet Gems Sport from my friend Kim. Thanks, lady!
Mitts knit up so quickly. Even more so than socks, I dare say. I enjoy socks, but I'm not very fast at cranking them out. But mitts are like the best of socks--straight down the leg. 3-5 pattern repeats and you're done. These took me 6 days of spare time. Not bad.
The Sojourns have a nice, snug fit, too. In the past, I've had fingerless mitts that creeped up my hand until I couldn't move my fingers. What's the point in that?? So, I am extremely happy with how these turned out and don't ever want to take them off.
P.S. I've been reading the Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians series and it completely cracks me up! It's a bit Harry Potter, a bit Percy Jackson, and more than a bit Lemony Snicket. Witty and fun. Check them out...












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home