Oh, Snap!
I wondered if I should hold off posting for another couple of months and hit the "nada in a whole year" mark, but that would just confirm my slacker-ness.
I was awakened by Aaron on Saturday with, "Sorry, Mom...." *sigh*
"Huh?"
"Sorry, Mom. I broke your knitting needles...but they were on the couch. I'm sorry." (hangs head, gives best puppy dog eyes)
I had picked up a much languishing sock (Chrissy Gardiner's Mix & Match Bamboo Rib) the night before and knit a couple inches before putting it down and going to bed. I remember vaguely thinking I should move it to the table, but the boys are fairly aware of staying away from any WIPs. Enter elder son who wakes at dawn to play Wii, and apparently jump on the couch, before the rest of us get up. One jump snapped those KnitPicks Harmony circs like toothpicks. In his defense, they were US2's so they practically were toothpicks. As I tried to fish wooden shards out of the couch cushions, even the little one looked up at me with his baby blue eyes and said, "Why did you leave them on the couch, Mom?" Point taken, little one.
So, the socks are on the back burner until Make One's needle shipment comes in (I think KnitPicks' decision to sell their needles in local shops is brilliant, btw!), but I did realize that there are three moms at E's preschool who are due with second babies in May (girl), June (not finding out), and July (boy). Now that would make for fun projects--plus, I already have 3/4 of a Debbie Bliss Matinee Coat done from years back. Sweet!
I think I'll make this swaddling blanket for the middle baby. I love the pattern--and even have yarn in stash from when I wanted to make it for my own little bundle, but certainly didn't have the time to get it done. I will be glad for it to go to a sweet baby rather than hang out for the rest of its life in my stash.
Also, I bought some pretty blue-turquoise Rustic DK today that will become a BSJ for baby #3.
Plans! Now let's see if I can stick with it. ;)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home