100 Things About Me
1. I am an Army Brat
2. And was born in Berlin, West Germany
3. I lived in Germany again from ages 10-13
4. I started performing in the theater at 8
5. My first role was as the White Rabbit
6. I continued in theater through college
7. Where I memorized a 62 page play in a weekend
8. And performed it the next night
9. I only forgot one line
10. And, fortunately, was saved by my co-star
11. Who also gave me my first and only on-stage kiss
12. In front of my new boyfriend
13. I liked it, anyway
14. I hold an advanced certification in SCUBA
15. I did my open water dive in 48 degree water
16. Then I dove in the Florida Keys
17. I never went diving in the Pacific Northwest again
18. I’m an English teacher by education
19. And a little OCD about misspelled words
20. I went to Mississippi State University
21. Ironically, I applied there because they didn’t make me write an essay
22. I wanted to teach Shakespeare to middle schoolers (ha!)
23. Now I can’t remember a lick of the Bard
24. That’s where I met my husband
25. I’ve only been able to get back to campus twice since graduating
26. My sister and I are almost 9 years apart
27. I’m older
28. I have, in some manner, wrecked every car I’ve ever owned
29. Most of them weren’t my fault
30. I just have unlucky car juju
31. I am, however, extremely mechanically inclined
32. Over the holidays, my FIL asked me for help with the lawnmower
33. Even before asking my husband (though he’s handy, too)
34. I used to want to be an auto mechanic
35. And have my own business that catered to women so they wouldn’t get screwed
36. But my high school counselor wouldn’t let me take auto shop
37. She said the child development class was open, though . . . .
38. I also know my way around a wood shop and power tools
39. My hubby & I are building an airplane in the garage
40. So now I know a little about working with metal, too
41. We’re on a 3+ year hiatus due to parenthood
42. I wanted it to be my project
43. But found I didn’t have the patience for it
44. Fortunately the hubby (a pilot) carried on without me
45. I trained to be a pilot
46. Until I got pregnant
47. I did fly solo--once
48. We flew our plane to Florida and back in Spring ‘05
49. I didn’t do any of the piloting
50. It took 7 weeks (with stops to visit family/friends)
51. My first job was shelving books in a library
52. I quit because they wouldn’t let me help people find books
53. I used to LOVE Indiana Jones
54. And had a crush on Harrison Ford
55. All through college
56. Now, I am older and wiser
57. And have a crush on Michael Chiklis
58. It must be the bad boy/tough guy thing
59. I’m addicted to adrenaline tv dramas: ER, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, 24, The Shield
60. I think it’s backlash from watching Blue’s Clues & Dora during the day
61. I hate reality tv
62. Because I don’t enjoy watching people being mean to each other
63. I can’t smell
64. Really, my nose just doesn’t work
65. I think it’s because of really bad allergies I had in childhood
66. I was athletic as a kid
67. And played softball from the age of 5 all through high school
68. My spot was left field
69. I could catch anything
70. Except for that time I was hit in head with a fly ball
71. It was one of the last times I played competitively
72. I like to cook
73. And love sushi
74. Except sea urchin
75. I also like to quilt
76. I’ve made baby quilts for most of my friends’ babies
77. I taught myself to knit from Maggie Righetti’s Knitting In Plain English
78. So I could make a baby bunting for a friend
79. It took me 4+ years to finish
80. So I gave it to someone else
81. After that, I swore off really fluffy yarn
82. But I reserve the right to reconsider one day
83. I love Cadbury eggs and marshmallow Peeps
84. Especially the yellow chicks
85. I fully expect to knit one of those Cadbury egg cozies this year
86. My own wedding was the first wedding I’d ever been to
87. I had no idea what to do/plan/expect
88. So it was really traditional
89. If I could do it over, it would be very different
90. I married friends of ours in 2002
91. As in, performed the ceremony
92. That’s also the weekend I got pregnant
93. I was a substitute teacher for two years
94. I quit after Columbine
95. Because I’m not that noble
96. And then I went to work in high tech
97. I had an awesome job as a volunteer coordinator
98. I quit to be a stay-at-home mom
99. I started knitting again
100. And I started a blog












3 Comments:
I love your list! That is hilarious, about avoiding a college application essay. And can I say how impressed I am about the building of the plane?! Wow!
Those cadbury eggs are like crack! Don't like the peeps, though. Too sticky on the inside, too crunchy on the outside. This was a neat list, Amanda.
Very revealing. I now know so much more about you even after reading your blog for so long.
I've always wanted to learn how to fly a plane. Funny thing, though, I haven't driven since Dec. of 1999. I got in a bad car crash and then decided to cycle and public transport everywhere. Really need to get my license again (let it expire in 2001). Oh! And I'd love to learn how to fly helicopters--or at least ride in one!
Post a Comment
<< Home